Global Week in Review
An exploration in citizen continuing education.
Week Ending Friday, 9 March 2019
It is irresponsible for any government to not have a grand strategy that integrates ends, ways, and means. It is irresponsible for any government to not consider true cost economics in relation to policy, product, and service. It is irresponsible for any government to neglect all aspects of domestic prosperity in favor of elective wars we cannot win.
- Poverty .China and India taking lead with national-scale poverty eradication. Should we pay attention?
- Infectious Disease. Distrust in vaccine integrity, are infectious diseases making a comeback?
- Environmental Degradation. Still no clue. “Big data” is fragmented, no one really cares.
- Inter-State Conflict. Kashmir will not go nuclear. Syria won. Palestine still an occupied apartheid country.
- Civil War. While Iraq stabilizes, America is moving toward culturally-insane civil war out of touch with reality.
- Genocide. Force sterilization is a form of genocide. Accountability for colonial genocide emergent.
- Other Atrocities. Pedophilia is slowly emerging as a deep national security threat. Not there yet.
- Proliferation. US/UK continue to lie about Syria using chemical weapons and who funded ISIS.
- Terrorism. White people are more likely to be terrorists in US/UK; Russia has stomped its terrorists out.
- Transnational Crime. Germany covers up illegal immigrant crime. Hats off to US DOJ on elder fraud sweep.
- Agriculture. Biofuels needs to go away; clean agriculture a distant vision; holistic policy does not exist.
- Diplomacy. US picking fights with India, Turkey, Venezuela, arming Saudi Arabia, perhaps doing well in Korea.
- Weak signals of global economic crash. President’s tariff strategy is working.
- The unstated message: schools suck, not creating critical thinkers who can innovate and adapt.
- No one, anywhere, is serious about holistic energy solutions that leverages renewables at low cost.
- China, Hungary, and India are dong family policy planning supportive of national integrity. We are not.
- Health care in the USA is too expensive and has too many lies built in. Time to make it a public service.
- Trump is right, Congress is wrong, Supreme Court will have a say, this will be an election issue.
- The US justice system is broken – foreign influence, legalized lies, state murder with impunity.
- US does not have a holistic national security strategy – demography & technology are out of control.
- Artists merit more respect; aging population cannot be supported as things now stand.
- Desalination solutions are here, governments are simply not serious about solving the water crisis.
- Brazil merits more respect from the USA – Trump has a chance to craft a new Southern front strategy.
- Xi has bigger problems than Trump does – seems to be more innovative – and is winning the South.
- Most complicated country on the planet, 22 languages, more Muslims than anyone. Next big power.
- Largest Muslim population in the world, massive natural resources including gold, pay attention.
- Our President needs to stomp down hard on the Deep State forces seeking to wage war on Iran.
- Jews and Palestinians, not Zionists, should be working together in peace. Genocide is not working.
- Not in the news: this is a done deal guaranteed by China. Trump is the cosmetic closer. Get over it.
- Gandhi had it right: “Palestine is to the Palestinians as France is to the French.”
- US is losing arms sales to Russia; Russia is creating the next Internet and US will loser there as well.
- Assad won. US should be in international criminal court along with Israel and Saudi Arabia.
- Not in the news: major regional power with Iran, One Belt One Road changes everything.
- This is very hard to understand. Local corruption plus US arrogance destroying a country.
- 2019-03-09 Iranian Daily Asia Experts say China’s anti-poverty drive helpful for other countries
- 2019-03-07 China Military Xi stresses perseverance in fight against poverty
- 2019-03-06 The Hindu Opposition trying to remove me, while I am trying to remove terrorism, poverty: Modi
- 2019-03-05 ECNS Li Keqiang: China to forge ahead with fight against poverty
- 2019-03-03 Indian Express Poverty to vulnerability: Rethinking social protection
- 2019-03-02 Haaretz Opioid crisis engulfs Gaza as poverty soars
- 2019-03-08 ContagionLive Top Infectious Disease News of the Week—March 3,2019
- 2019-03-08 The Atlantic Medieval Diseases Are Infecting California’s Homeless
- 2019-03-03 WCAI The Paradox of Declining Infectious Diseases
2019-03-09 XinhuaNet UNEP plans to create big data platform on environment
- 2019-03-09 The Hindu BJP turning Kashmir into a theatre of war: Mehbooba Mufti
- 2019-03-09 Jerusalem Post Liberman: In two years the situation will be worse than the Yom Kippur war
- 2019-03-08, Haaretz The Assad regime won Syria’s civil war. Can it survive an Israeli attack?
- 2019-03-07 National Interest Is Trump Heading Toward War with Iran?
- 2019-03-07 The Economist India’s government is intensifying a failed strategy in Kashmir
- 2019-03-07 Pravda The Recolonization of Latin America and the War on Venezuela
- 2019-03-06 USA Today Are we headed for a second Cold War with China, Russia? Not likely
- 2019-03-06, Rising Kashmir Talks with Taliban focus on four key issues to end the Afghan war: US
- 2019-03-05 Rising Kashmir Northern army commander reviews Kashmir’s security scenario
- 2019-03-05 The Independent US generals and politicians ‘thinking about possibility of nuclear war’, Russia’s ambassador to Washington says – The Independent
- 2019-03-04 Outlook India Neither India Nor Pakistan Is Really Prepared To Fight A Conventional War
- 2019-03-04, Freepress Journal Pakistan will not hesitate to go nuclear in war with India: Punjab CM Amarinder Singh
- 2019-03-04, Al Jazeera India-Pakistan tensions: Who won the war of perceptions?
- 2019-03-07 American Greatness The Democrats Civil War Begins
- 2019-03-06 Iran Daily Iran hails Iraq’s security situation after Daesh defeat
- 2019-03-05 Russia Insider American Civil War 2: US Media Will Have Only Itself to Blame if All Hell Breaks Loose
- 2019-03-02 Washington Post In America, talk turns to something not spoken of for 150 years: Civil war
- 2019-03-08 New York Post Amazon tribe accuses Brazilian military of genocide
- 2019-03-08 Al Jazeera Amazon ‘genocide’: Brazil tribe waits for compensation
- 2019-03-08 Breaking Defense Genocide Swarms & Assassin Drones: The Case For Banning Lethal AI
- 2019-03-06 US News & World Report Lawsuit Against Germany Over Namibian Genocide Is Dismissed in New York
- 2019-03-05 Phys.Org Forced sterilizations of Indigenous women: One more act of genocide (Canada)
Other Atrocities (e.g. Human Trafficking, Pedophilia)
- 2019-03-09 News-Heerald (Kentucky) Forum speakers: Human trafficking no longer far away issue
- 2019-03-07 Miami Herald Shedding light on human trafficking in massage parlors
- 2019-03-06 Agence France-Presse ICC team probes Rohingya atrocities in Bangladesh
- 2019-03-06 Vanity Fair Michael Jackson Is Slowly Being Removed from Radio
- 2019-03-06 Men’s Journal How Photojournalist Essa al-Ragehi Exposed the Atrocities in Yemen
- 2019-03-08 QZ The last thing India and Pakistan need right now is a mushroom cloud
- 2019-03-08 The Hill After Warsaw and the IAEA meeting, what’s next for Washington on Tehran’s nuclear file?
- 2019-03-07 Voice of America Syria Rejects Watchdog Report on Chemical Weapons Use
- 2019-03-07 Radio New Zealand UK petition calls for West Papua chemical weapons investigation
- 2019-03-06 DBKNews Nuclear weapons are an inevitable part of our future
- 2019-03-06 The Nation A case for nuclear proliferation
- 2019-03-06 Defence Connect Flinders Uni, Canadian partnership to combat biological weapons
- 2019-03-09 Axios Domestic terrorism suspects arrested more than al-Qaeda or ISIS (USA)
- 2019-03-07 Independent UK More white people arrested on suspicion of terrorism than Asian people last year, figures show
- 2019-03-07 New York Times U.S. Peace Talks With Taliban Trip Over a Big Question: What Is Terrorism?
- 2019-03-07 Bejing Philippines, Malaysia Pledge Cooperation against Terrorism
- 2019-03-06 Press TV Iran US using terrorism as tool to achieve goals: SNSC
- 2019-03-06, Meduza-Russia Vladimir Putin says terrorism-related crimes in Russia have declined 110-fold in the past decade. Published statistics say he’s wrong.
- 2019-03-08 The Diplomat Examining Crime and Terrorism Along China’s Belt and Road
- 2019-03-08 7th Space USA: Justice Department Coordinates Largest-Ever Nationwide Elder Fraud Sweep
- 2019-03-07 Associated Press The Latest: War crime reports (by migrants) not investigated in Germany
- 2019-03-09 Consortium News Africa’s Sovereignty Over Food
- 2019-03-09 Newton County Times United States wins WTO dispute finding China provides excessive government support to its grain producers
- 2019-03-08 Public News Service Report Calls Biofuels Standard an Environmental Disaster
- 2019-03-08 IEG Policy EU agriculture policy diary (March 11-15): CAP reform, spirit drinks, UTPs
- 2019-03-05 Bejing Laos, Chinese firm cooperating in clean agriculture
- 2019-03-05 Indian Financial Farmers wait for ‘acche din’ as agriculture growth slows down to 2.7% 2019-03-02 Washington Times US ambassador to UK slams critics of American agriculture
- 2019-03-09 The Guardian UK Trump’s private talks with Putin may contain clues to his Russia romance
- 2019-03-09 Bejing Walking a Chinese tightrope: Kazakh quiet diplomacy produces limited results – Modern Diplomacy
- 2019-03-09, Outlook India India Pursues Vigorous Diplomacy To Make Pakistan Act On Terror
- 2019-03-09 ECNS At new starting point, China’s diplomacy brings certainty to uncertain world
- 2019-03-08 Iran Daily How Trump can forge a new path towards diplomacy with Iran
- 2019-03-08 Moscow Times U.S. Says It’s Working With EU to Thwart Russia on Balkans
- 2019-03-07 NPR A Dark View Of Russia From U.S. NATO Commander
- 2019-03-07 Iranian Daily Iran, Russia examine legal mechanisms to confront sanction
- 2019-03-05 Moscow Times Trump Extends U.S. Sanctions Against Russia Over Crimea
- 2019-03-05 Indian Express Kim Jong Un returns home after failed nuclear diplomacy with Trump
- 2019-03-04 ECNS Russia says ready to talk with U.S. on Venezuela stalemate
- 2019-03-03 Washington Times US, South Korea end spring military drills to back diplomacy
- 2019-03-06 ECNS Banks should focus on real investment to support the economy
- 2019-03-06 Press TV Iran Economy ministers of Iran, Azerbaijan meet in Tehran
- 2019-03-06 ECNS Time to discard growth rate fetish for China’s economy
- 2019-03-06 Singapore News What a Singapore Strait traffic jam says about the world economy
- 2019-03-06 Times of China US car tariffs would have ‘bigger effect’ on global economy than US-China trade war, says WTO economist
- 2019-03-05 Indian Financial China’s economy slows down: Here’s how it is affecting the world
- 2019-03-05 ECNS Premier admits severe challenges in China’s economy
- 2019-03-04 War News Canada’s Economy Has Stopped Growing, But No One Is Talking About It
- 2019-03-04, Google News Erdogan Tries to Ease the Pain of Turkey’s Bad Economy. It’s Still Hurting. – The New York Times
- 2019-03-09 Forbes Democratic Governors Move To Restrict School Choice, While Tennessee’s Governor Looks To Expand It
- 2019-03-08 The Atlantic Congress Might Finally Overhaul Higher Education
- 2019-03-08 Breitbart Parker: AOC’s Policies Are an Indictment of American Economic Education
- 2019-03-07 Vox Progressives want to go further than tuition-free college — here’s their proposal to make it debt-free
- 2019-03-06, Singapore News How secondary education will work in Singapore once current streaming system is phased out
- 2019-03-04 Education Next What Do Racial and Ethnic Wealth Gaps Mean for Student Loan Policy?
- 2019-03-03 Indian Express Kashmir needs a robust education system, an honest conversation
- 2019-03-03, Miami Herald Ron DeSantis may finish the K-12 education transformation that Jeb Bush started
- 2019-03-09 The New Federalist EU Innovation and energy transition, a winning combination for European industry
- 2019-03-09 Sputnik Venezuelan Media Report New Electricity Outages as Caracas Blames US Energy War
- 2019-03-07 Bejing Bosnia Gives Green Light To Controversial Chinese Energy Loan
- 2019-03-06 The Guardian UK Australia’s energy policy is a tangled mess built on a foundation of lies
- 2019-03-04 Vox Europe’s renewable energy policy is built on burning American trees
- 2019-03-09 The Quint India RSS stresses importance of family system
- 2019-03-09 Raw Story In another blow to Trump, judge rules in favor of ACLU in family separation case
- 2019-03-08 Hungary Today Survey: Vast Majority Supports Government’s Family Policy
- 2019-03-04 Brookings Where’s the glue? Policies to close the family gap
- 2019-03-09 The Hindu Health dept. issues chickenpox alert
- 2019-03-08 New York Times Trump Administration Targets ‘Secretive Nature’ of Health Care Pricing
- 2019-03-08 WNPR Connecticut Lawmakers Unveil A Public Option Health Plan
- 2019-03-07 Miami Herald Is a national health plan a by-product of the Green New Deal?
- 2019-03-07 Miami Herald Former CPA and chairman of Public Health Trust sent to prison for three-plus years
- 2019-03-07 USA Today Rich kids like me get great mental health care. With Medicare for All, others can, too
- 2019-03-06 Washington Times Let states experiment on health care
- 2019-03-06 AJCM Making Sense of Changes in Healthcare: Lessons From the Academy Health National Health Policy Conference
- 2019-03-09 Market Watch Judge calls Trump administration push for citizenship question on census forms arbitrary, capricious and a threat to democracy
- 2019-03-07 The Texas Tribune How one migrant family got caught between smugglers, the cartel and Trump’s zero-tolerance policy
- 2019-03-07 WBUR Kirstjen Nielsen And The Dehumanization Of Immigrant Children
- 2019-03-06 Miami Times House Democrats tie DACA and TPS together in latest immigration push
- 2019-03-05 USA Today Trump immigration policy under scrutiny at four simultaneous congressional hearings
- 2019-03-04 Associated Press Federal Law Enforcement Grants Flow Despite Trump Threats To ‘Sanctuary’ Cities
- 2019-03-09 NBC News Pete Buttigieg wants ‘intergenerational justice.’ What’s that?
- 2019-03-09 OPB.org Democratic Lawmakers Speak On Restorative Justice In Cannabis Crimes
- 2019-03-09 The Daily Caller FITZGIBBONS: America’s Dual-Justice System Grants Immunity To Ocasio-Cortez
- 2019-03-09 The Atlantic 6 Reasons Paul Manafort Got Off So Lightly
- 2019-03-08 Reno Gazette Journal Lawmakers, lawyers clash over sprawling criminal justice reform bill
- 2019-03-06 New York Times Justice Dept. to Step Up Enforcement of Foreign Influence Laws
- 2019-03-06 ECNS Trump nominates female Asian American prosecutor as No.3 at Justice Department
- 2019-03-05 USA Today I vetted judges and senior Justice officials and never came across anyone like Jared Kushner
- 2019-03-03 Jerusalem Post House Committee investigating possible obstruction of justice by Trump
- 2019-03-09 Indian Express UN Security Council reform process “contentious” issue: General Assembly Prez
- 2019-03-08 Los Angeles Times One reason for Trump’s foreign policy fiascoes — his National Security Council is broken
- 2019-03-08 Just Security Homeland Security’s Intelligence Overreach: Two Cases Illustrate Risks to Civil Society
- 2019-03-08 Technode Briefing: Germany to tighten security on 5G equipment to avoid Huawei ban
- 2019—3-07 Associated Press US Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen testifies border crisis is not manufactured
- 2019-03-07 Politico McSally says sexual assault in the military threatens national security
- 2019-03-07 Rand Strategic Rethink: America’s Security Deficit
- 2019-03-07 Kuala Lampur Will national security concerns end the globalisation of technology?
- 2019-03-05 Telangana Today Facebook’s security lapse
- 2019-03-04 Just Security Counterterrorism and Homeland Security Are Not the Same Thing
- 2019-03-08 The Telegraph UK From Facebook to Amazon, our digital habits are destroying society
- 2019-03-07 Daniel Mitchell Blog Individualism and Society
- 2019-03-06 Iranian Daily Singapore, world’s second-fastest aging society, to up retirement age
- 2019-03-05 USA Today Facebook, YouTube and social media are failing society. Pull their ads until they change.
- 2019-03-05 History News Hour Can Artists Remake Society?
- 2019-03-09 PBS Water costs balloon in cities along the Great Lakes
- 2019-03-08 Hackaday Graphene Desalinates Sea Water
- 2019-03-08 American Rivers How the Clean Water Act could become a Dirty Water Rule
- 2019-03-08 Raw Story Eight years on, water woes threaten Fukushima cleanup
- 2019-03-06 ECNS New hydrological model developed for water prediction
- 2019-03-06 National Geographic India is in a historic water crisis. Will diverting 30 rivers solve it?
- 2019-03-04 South China Morning Post Gone glaciers: ‘Asia’s water tower’ is in danger
- 2019-03-04 ECNS Chinese scientists develop new material for water purification
- 2019-03-09 CNBC Brazil’s Bolsonaro set to visit Trump on March 19 to discuss turmoil in Venezuela: White House
- 2019-03-07 Mercopress Argentina and Brazil markets open Wednesday with steep losses
- 2019-03-06 Mercopress Brazil posts a fiscal surplus in January, but public finances remain fragile
- 2019-03-05 Forbes Brazil Bounces Back With A Slew Of New Billionaires
- 2019-03-09 Scroll.in Why ambitious China and isolated Saudi Arabia have found a common ally in Pakistan
- 2019-03-09 Iran Daily Solid waste imports into China continue to decline
- 2019-03-09 War News U.S. Keeps Losing Simulated Wars With Russia And China
- 2019-03-09 War News China Is Worried That President Trump May Walk Away From A Trade Deal When He Holds His Summit With Chinese President Xi
- 2019-03-09 China Digital Times Huawei and the Law, in U.S. and China
- 2019-03-09 Times of China China set to vote on new law aimed at levelling playing field for foreign investors
- 2019-03-08 ECNS China-Africa cooperation grows into towering tree: FM
- 2019-03-08 ECNS Latin American countries’ rights to develop relations with China must be respected: FM
- 2019-03-08 Google News China Laughs as U.S. Tries to Stop Italy From Joining One Belt, One Road Plan – Newsweek
- 2019-03-08 BBC China exports saw biggest fall in three years in February
- 2019-03-08 South China Morning Post Malaysian Prime Minister says the country is now closer to China than US
- 2019-03-06 Russia Insider US, China Compete to Build World’s First Nationwide Cyber-Gulag
- 2019-03-06 Bejing Russia to train over 100 Chinese servicemen for second 2nd regiment of S-400: TASS
- 2019-03-06 Reuters Bachelet presses China for U.N. access to Xinjiang’s Uighurs
- 2019-03-09, Scroll.in By design and delusion, the project to radicalise Hindu India gains momentum
- 2019-03-08 CNBC Two factors India investors should watch out for
- 2019-03-08 India Today India, Russia sign USD 3 billion deal for nuclear-powered attack submarine for Indian Navy
- 2019-03-05 Fortune It Looks Like Trump Has New Trade War Foes: India and Turkey
- 2019-03-08 Bensinga Indonesia and Australia sign new free trade agreement
- 2019-03-06 Asian Review US move to end India trade benefit rattles Indonesia and Thailand
- 2019-03-09 Iran Daily US policy toward Iran isn’t working
- 2019-03-09 Iran Daily Iran, Syria sign academic cooperation deal
- 2019-03-09 Iran Daily Iran-Iraq annual trade aimed at $20b
- 2019-03-09 Iran Daily Iran, Turkey offer cooperation for Pakistan railway: Minister
- 2019-03-09 Iran Daily Official: Iran can find ways to sell oil in defiance of US sanctions
- 2019-03-06 Press TV Iran Iran, Russia review ways to widen economic relations
- 2019-03-09 Sputnik S. Africa-Israel Tensions Simmer as Pretoria Preps to Downgrade Embassy Status
- 2019-03-08 Washington Times Kuwait: Many in UN oppose Israel action on Palestinian taxes
- 2019-03-08 Haaretz Hamas knows now is the best time to pressure Israel into concessions
- 2019-03-08 Haaretz A botched Gaza raid may rewrite how Israel runs its special operations
- 2019-03-08, Haaretz Ilhan who? In Israel, nobody knows or cares about the Omar anti-Semitism controversy
- 2019-03-07 Iran Daily American public support for Israel hits decade low: Gallup poll
- 2019-03-06 Haaretz Israel and Jordan in talks to solve Temple Mount crisis
- 2019-03-09 Washington Post Satellite images suggest North Korea planned space launch even before Hanoi
- 2019-03-09 Voice of America South Korea Proposes Rain Project with China to Cut Pollution
- 2019-03-08 USA Today South Korea, US sign deal on Seoul paying more for US military
- 2019-03-08 The Diplomat South Korea’s New Internet Controls Spark Controversy
- 2019-03-07 Coin Telegraph South Korea Establishes Special Task Force to Prevent Cryptocurrency-Related Crimes
- 2019-03-09 Malay Mail Create Palestine caucus in parliament, says Zuraida
- 2019-03-08 AA Turkey US plan to give some of East J’lem to Palestine: Report
- 2019-03-07 Haaretz Israel Forces Palestinian to Raze His and His Daughter’s Homes With His Own Hands
- 2019-03-05 ECNS Iraqi, Palestinian presidents discuss boosting ties, supporting Palestine
- 2019-03-03 Haaretz For Arab regimes, Palestine is old news. Now, it’s all about Iran
- 2019-03-07 Bejing Six Steps Russia Is Taking Toward Restricting Its Internet
- 2019-03-07 Moscow Times Russia Compromised 600 Foreign Spies in 2018, Putin Says
- 2019-03-07 Moscow Times Russia Passes Legislation Banning ‘Disrespect’ of Authorities and ‘Fake News’
- 2019-03-07 Moscow Times Female Naval Cadets Say Russia Not Ready for Women in Combat Roles
- 2019-03-07 Meduza-Russia The Real Russia. Today. Russian Internet censorship becomes ‘instantaneous,’ condemning Stalin to Hell, and correcting Putin’s numbers
- 2019-03-06 Russia-Insider Russia Has The Fastest Hackers
- 2019-03-06 Russia-Insider Russia Sells Top-Notch S-400 Missiles to Qatar; Saudis Enraged
- 2019-03-06 Moscow Times Sea Ice Between Alaska And Russia Shrinks at Record Rate in Middle of Winter
- 2019-03-09 The Guardian UK Those responsible for Syria’s agony must be brought to book, starting at the top
- 2019-03-09 First Post India More civilians leave Islamic State’s Syria enclave, delaying final assault
- 2019-03-09 Iran Daily Iran, Syria sign academic cooperation deal
- 2019-03-09 Haaretz Burned vehicles, abandoned tents and weapons left behind by ISIS militants in Syria
- 2019-03-09 Haaretz How Assad defied the odds, won in Syria and pushed the U.S. out
- 2019-03-07 Bejing Multilateral talks on crisis in Syria held in Tehran
- 2019-03-07 Bejing Syria Focus of Iran’s Talks with China, Russia, Germany in Tehran
- 2019-03-07 Haaretz Syria slams watchdog report saying it used chemical weapon in Douma attack
- 2019-03-09 Defense Blog Russia claims process of S-400 delivery to Turkey goes very smoothly
- 2019-03-09 Today Online Germany tightens travel advice on Turkey
- 2019-03-09 Hurriyet Daily News Turkey eyes increasing health tourism revenues fivefold by 2030: Minister
- 2019-03-08 Moscow Times Turkey and U.S. Head for Showdown Over Russian Missile Contracts
- 2019-03-06 Sputnik European Commission Candidate Insists ‘Turkey Cannot Be EU Member’
- 2019-03-09 Indian Express As blackout eases, Venezuela braces for rival rallies
- 2019-03-09 Al Jazeera Venezuela in crisis: All the latest updates
- 2019-03-08 New York Times Russia Stands With Maduro (While Hedging Its Bets)
- 2019-03-08 Iran Daily Venezuela plunges into darkness after major dam ‘sabotage’
- 2019-03-08 Google News Venezuela must pay Conoco over $8 billion: World Bank – Reuters
- 2019-03-07 Washington Times White House steps up pressure on Nicolas Maduro’s regime in Venezuela by revoking visas
- 2019-03-07 Pravda The Recolonization of Latin America and the War on Venezuela
DOC (9 Pages): 20190309 Week in Review